PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Eric Kuhn, PhD
Eric Kuhn, PhD
Clinical Research Program Manager
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor (Affiliated)
- VA Sierra Pacific MIRECC/ Stanford University School of Medicine, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2004-2006
- University at Albany, State University of New York, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2004
- University at Albany, State University of New York, Psychology, MA, 2002
- University at Albany, State University of New York, United States History, BA, 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Evidence-Based Treatments for PTSD
- Technology-based Interventions (web and mobile)
- Increasing Access to and Engagement in Mental Health Care
- Implementation Science
- Research Methods
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Division 46, American Psychological Association
- Association of VA Psychologist Leaders
Awards and Honors
- Chairman's Award for Advancement in Accessibility, Federal Communications Commission
- President's Award for the Advancement of Telemedicine, American Telemedicine Association
- Peer Group Award, Office of Patient Care Services, VA Central Office
Kuhn, E., Hoffman, J. E., & Ruzek, J. I. (2012). Multiple experiences of combat trauma. In M. Duckworth & V. Follette (Eds.), Retraumatization: Assessment, treatment and prevention. New York, NY: Taylor & Francis.
Tran, T., Kuhn, E., Walser, R., & Drescher, K. (2012). The relationship between religiousity, PTSD, and depressive symptoms in veterans in PTSD residential treatment. Journal of Psychology and Spirituality, 40, 313-322.
Ruzek, J. I., Hoffman, J., Cuilla, R., Prins, A., Kuhn, E., & Gahm, G. (2011). Bringing internet-based education and intervention into mental health practice: Afterdeployment.org. European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 2, 1-9. doi:10.3402/ejpt.v2i0.7278
Kuhn, E., Drescher, K., Ruzek, J. & Rosen, C. (2010). Aggressive and unsafe driving in male veterans receiving PTSD residential treatment. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 23, 399-402. doi:10.1002/jts.20536
Rosen, C., Kuhn, E., Greenbaum, M. A., & Drescher, K. D. (2008). Mortality rates and causes of death among Vietnam-era veterans seen in VA outpatient mental health settings. Psychiatric Services, 59, 290-296. doi:10.1176/appi.ps.59.3.290
Members of the press: To schedule an interview with this staff member please contact Public Affairs specialist at the corresponding Division.