PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Eric Kuhn, PhD
Eric Kuhn, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor (Affiliated)
- VA Sierra Pacific MIRECC/ Stanford University School of Medicine, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2004-2006
- University at Albany, State University of New York, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2004
- University at Albany, State University of New York, Psychology, MA, 2002
- University at Albany, State University of New York, United States History, BA, 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Web- and Mobile Phone-Based Psycho-education and Self-Help Apps for PTSD
- Technology Applications for Mental Health Treatment and Professional Training
- Dissemination, Implementation, and Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices
- Implementation Science & Health Services Research
- Research Design, Methodology, and Advanced Statistical Procedures
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Kuhn, E., Crowley, J. J., Hoffman, J. E., Eftekhari, A., Ramsey, K. M., Owen, J. E., Reger, G. M., & Ruzek, J. I. (in press). Clinician characteristics and perceptions related to use of the PE (Prolonged Exposure) Coach mobile app. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice.
Belscher, B., Kuhn, E., Maron, D., Cueva, D., Prins, A., Fast, E., & France, D. (2015). A pilot study of an internet-based intervention for PTSD symptoms in OEF/OIF veterans presenting for VA specialty PTSD care. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 28, 153-156.
Kuhn, E., Hoffman, J. E., & Ruzek, J. I. (2015). Telemental health approaches for traumatic stress. U. Schnyder & M. Cloitre (Eds.), Evidence Based Treatment for Trauma-Related Psychological Disorders. Springer: New York
Kuhn, E., Eftekhari, A., Hoffman, J. E., Crowley, J. J., Ramsey, K. M., Reger, G. M., & Ruzek, J. I. (2014). Clinician perceptions of using a smartphone app with prolonged exposure therapy. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 41, 800-807.
Kuhn, E., Greene, C., Hoffman, J., Nguyen, T., Wald, L., Schmidt, J., Ramsey, K. M., & Ruzek, J. (2014). A preliminary evaluation of PTSD Coach, a smartphone app for posttraumatic stress symptoms. Military Medicine, 179, 12-18.
Members of the press: To schedule an interview with this staff member please contact Public Affairs specialist at the corresponding Division.