PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Sandra Japuntich, PhD
Sandra Japuntich, PhD
Clinical Research Psychologist
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Teaching Fellow, Boston University School of Medicine, Psychiatry Department
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Behavioral Medicine Fellowship, 2011
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2009
- The Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Clinical Psychology Internship, 2009
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Clinical Psychology, MS, 2005
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Psychology & Spanish, BA, 2003
Expertise and Interests
- Tobacco cessation treatments (behavioral and pharmacological)
- Co-morbidity between tobacco dependence and psychopathology
- PTSD treatment
- Integrating tobacco treatment into healthcare settings
- Predictors of relapse
Membership in Professional Societies
- Society for Nicotine and Tobacco Research
Awards and Honors
- 2010 - SRNT Young Investigators Paper Session Travel Award
- 2002 - Phi Beta Kappa
- 2003 - Phi Kappa Phi
Japuntich, S.J., Regan, S., Viana, J., Tymoszczuk, J., Reyen, M., Levy, D., Singer, D., Park, E.R., Chang, Y., Rigotti, N. (2012). Comparative effectiveness of post-discharge interventions for hospitalized smokers: the Helping HAND trial. Trials, 13, 124.
Japuntich, S.J., Leventhal, A.M., Piper, M.E., Bolt, D.M., Roberts, L.J., Fiore, M.C., & Baker, T.B. (2011). Relations between smoker characteristics and smoking cessation milestones. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 40, 284-294.
Japuntich, S.J., Piper, M.E. Leventhal, A.M., Bolt, D.M., & Baker, T.B. (2011). The effect of five smoking cessation pharmacotherapies on smoking cessation milestones. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79, 34-42.
Leventhal, A.M., Japuntich, S.J., Piper, M.E., Jorenby, D.E., Schlam, T.R., & Baker, T.B. (2012). Isolating the role of psychological dysfunction in smoking cessation: relations of personality and psychopathology to attaining cessation milestones. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 26, 838-849.
Park, E.R., Japuntich, S.J., Rigotti, N.R., Traeger, L., He, Y., Wallace, R., Malin, J., Pandiscio, J., Keating, N.L. (2012). A snapshot of smokers following lung and colon cancer diagnosis. Cancer, 118, 3153-3164.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.