PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Continuing Ed - How to Get CE Credits
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
How to Get CE Credits
Continuing education (CE/CME) credits are offered for completing most courses. There is no fee to take any of the courses, and no fee for the Continuing Education credit. Credit is offered to:
- VA employees: Talent Management System (TMS)
- Professionals outside of VA: TrainingFinder Real-time Affiliate Integrated Network (TRAIN) or by VA's Evaluation Processing Center (EPC)
For courses that are collaborative projects between the National Center for PTSD and other organizations, you will be linked to the course website that maintains CE/CME information.
Not all courses are offered with continuing education credits. Podcasts are available for some courses but it is necessary to watch the course to obtain credit.
- Use the TMS course link located on the relevant course page.
- Login to TMS and you will be at the course page.
- Once you complete the course, take the post-test and evaluation in TMS.
Need assistance with TMS? Contact the VA TMS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-496-0463 (available 24/7).
National Center courses that offer continuing education credits will be available in TRAIN in the coming months. For those courses that are not yet available on TRAIN, credits are available via EPC.
Courses Available on TRAIN
- Use the TRAIN website link located on the course page. The link will take you to the course details page.
- To access the course, use the login link in the upper right corner of the page. First time users are required to register, returning users must login.
- After you login/register, TRAIN will return you to your chosen course details page.
- You will be prompted to take the post-test after completing the course to get CE/CME credits.
Courses Using EPC for CE/CME Credits
- Use the "Watch the Course" link located on the course page.
- Read the required brochure after watching the course.
- Fill out the Post-test (PDF). The link is on the course page.
- Submit the Post-test. Instructions for submission are included in the PDF.
For questions or concerns regarding the post-test or certificate please contact the Evaluation Processing Center (EPC) at EESEPC@va.gov or EES Customer Service at 1-877-337-1331, option 5.
We are working hard to fully implement Section 508 and make all of our products accessible to people with disabilities. If you find a file that you would like to read that is not yet accessible, please contact email@example.com and we will help accommodate your needs.
The Department of Veterans Affairs, Employee Education System (VA-EES) is responsible for the accreditation for most Center courses. VA-EES has worked closely with the following accrediting bodies to offer Continuing Education credits. See the course brochure for details about accreditation.
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
VA-EES is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
VA-EES is approved by the Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education to provide continuing education for pharmacists.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
VA-EES is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
American Psychological Association (APA)
VA-EES is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Employee Education System maintains responsibility for each program and its content.
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
VA-EES is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. VA-EES maintains responsibility for the program.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences (CA BBS)
VA-EES is accredited as a provider of continuing education for Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) and/or for Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN)
VA-EES accredited as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
VA-EES is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) Provider and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.