PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Jasmeet Pannu Hayes, PhD
Jasmeet Pannu Hayes, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- VISN 6 MIRECC/Duke University School of Medicine, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2009
- Boston Consortium, Predoctoral clinical internship (neuropsychology), 2006
- University of Arizona, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2006
- University of California, Berkeley, Psychology, BA, 2000
Expertise and Interests
- Neurobiology of traumatic memories
- Mild traumatic brain injury
- Cognitive control of emotions
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging of PTSD
- Application of diffusion tensor imaging
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies
- Society for Biological Psychiatry
- Society for Neuroscience
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Early Career Investigator Award, International Brain Injury Association
- 2017 Best Abstract in Neurotrauma Award, International Brain Injury Association
- Distinguished Alumni Award, UC Berkeley Sikh Student Association (2012)
- Graduate Research Fellowship, National Science Foundation (2001-2004)
- President's Undergraduate Fellowship, UC Berkeley (1999)
Hayes, J.P., Hayes, S.M., Miller, D.R., Lafleche, G., Logue, M.W. & Verfaellie, M. (2017). Automated measurement of hippocampal subfields in PTSD: Evidence for smaller dentate gyrus volume. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 95, 247-252.
Hayes, J.P., Logue, M.W., Sadeh, N., Spielberg, J.M., Verfaellie, M., Hayes, S.M., Reagan, A., Salat, D.H., Wolf, E.J., Mcglinchey, R.E., Milberg, W.P., Stone, A., Schichman, S.A. & Miller, M.W. (2017). Mild traumatic brain injury is associated with reduced cortical thickness in those at risk for Alzheimer's disease. Brain, 140, 813-825.
Hayes, J.P., Logue, M.W., Reagan, A., Salat, D., Wolf, E.J., Sadeh, N., Spielberg, J.M., Sperbeck, E., Hayes, S.M., McGlinchey, R.E. & Milberg, W.P., (2017). COMT Val158Met polymorphism moderates the association between PTSD symptom severity and hippocampal volume. Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience, 42, 95-102.
Hayes, J.P., Bigler, E.D. & Verfaellie, M. (2016). Traumatic brain injury as a disorder of brain connectivity. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 22, 120-137.
Hayes, J.P., Miller, D.R., Lafleche, G., Salat, D.H. & Verfaellie, M. (2015). The nature of white matter abnormalities in blast-related mild traumatic brain injury. NeuroImage: Clinical, 8, 148-156.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.