PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Eve Carlson, Ph.D.
Eve Carlson, Ph.D.
Research Health Science Specialist
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- American University, Clinical Psychology, Ph.D., 1986
- Haverford College, Psychology B.A. with Departmental Honors, 1982
Expertise and Interests
- Assessment of trauma exposure and responses (including early responses)
- Screening and risk prediction for posttraumatic mental health problems
- Increasing access to care using technology and peer/lay mental health workers
- Early interventions for those at risk after traumatic experiences
- Dissociative symptoms
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Society for Medical Decision Making
- International Society for the Study of Dissociation (Fellow)
Awards and Honors
- Recognition for Outstanding Leadership For Service as President of the Board of Directors, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, 2012
- Distinguished Achievement Award, International Society for the Study of Dissociation, 1993
- Chaim Danieli Young Professional Award, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, 1993
Carlson, E. B., Palmieri, P., I., Spain, D. A. (in press). Development and preliminary performance of brief risk factor measures to predict posttraumatic psychological disorder after trauma exposure. General Hospital Psychiatry.
Carlson, E. B., Waelde, L., Palmieri, P., Smith, S., McDade-Montez, E., & Macia, K. (in press). Development and validation of the Dissociative Symptoms Scale. Assessment. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1073191116645904
Carlson, E.B., McDade-Montez, E., Dalenberg, C.J., Armstrong, J., & Loewenstein, R.J. (2013). Development and validation of the Structured Interview for Self-destructive Behavior. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation, 4, 312-327. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3656652/
Carlson, E.B., Dalenberg, C.J., & McDade-Montez, E. (2012). Dissociation in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Part I: Definitions and review of research. Psychological Trauma, 4, 479-489. http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/articles/article-pdf/id39378.pdf
Carlson, E. B., Smith, S., Palmieri, P., Dalenberg, C., Ruzek, J. I., Kimerling, R., Burling, T. , & Spain, D. (2011). Development and validation of a brief self-report measure of traumatic events: The Trauma History Screen. Psychological Assessment, 23, 463-477. http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/articles/article-pdf/id36790.pdf
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.