PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Margaret-Anne Mackintosh, PhD
Margaret-Anne (Maggi) Mackintosh, PhD
Health Science Specialist (Data Core Lead & Statistician)
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- University of Southern California, Clinical Aging, PhD, 2009
- San Jose State University, Experimental Psychology, MA, 2000
- San Jose State University, Psychology, BA, 1993
Expertise and Interests
- Longitudinal models for PTSD treatment outcomes research
- Dysregulated anger within PTSD
- Mechanisms of action in cognitive-behavioral therapies for PTSD and dysregulated anger
- Use technology (web-based, mobile apps, computer-based) to increase reach and scope of VA behavioral health interventions
- Life course effects of military service especially in later life
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Psychological Association
- Gerontological Society of America
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Mackintosh, M., Niehaus, J., Taft, C. S., Marx, B. P., Grubbs, K., & Morland, L. A. (in press). Using a mobile application in the treatment of dysregulated anger among veterans. Military Medicine.
Gobin, R. L., Mackintosh, M., Willis, E., Allard, C. B., Kloezeman, K. & Morland, L. A. (2017). Predictors of differential treatment outcomes among Veteran and civilian women after Cognitive Processing Therapy. Psychological Trauma: Research, Theory, Practice & Policy.
Morland, L. A., Mackintosh, M., Rosen, C. S., Willis, E., Resick, P., Chard, K., & Frueh, B. C. (2015). Telemedicine vs. in-person delivery of cognitive processing therapy for women with posttraumatic stress disorder: A randomized non-inferiority trial. Depression and Anxiety, 32, 811-820.
Mackintosh, M., Morland, L. A., Frueh, B. C., Greene, C., & Rosen, C. S. (2014). Peeking into the black box: Mechanisms of action for anger management treatment. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 28, 687-695. DOI: 10.106/j.janxdis.2014.07.0001.
Mackintosh, M., Morland, L. A., Kloezeman, K., Greene, C. J., Elhai, J., Rosen, C. & Frueh, B. C. (2014). Predictors of anger treatment in veterans. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 70, 905-913. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.22095.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.