PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Jason Owen, PhD, MPH
Jason Owen, PhD, MPH
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Loma Linda University, Adjunct Associate Professor
- Univeristy of Alabama, Birmingham, Clinical (Medical) Psychology, PhD, 2003
- Univeristy of Alabama, Birmingham, Health Care Organization and Policy, MPH, 2001
- Duke University, Biology, BA, 1995
Expertise and Interests
- Mobile apps for self-management in Veterans with PTSD
- Technology-based interventions (i.e., web-based treatments, social-networking)
- Family, social, and peer-based interventions for Veterans with PTSD
- eHealth clinical trials research methods
- Public health applications of mobile technology
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Psychological Association
- Society of Behavioral Medicine
Awards and Honors
- EditorÃs Choice Award for best health web sites, healingwell.com, 2001
- Outstanding Graduate Student in Psychology, UAB 2001-2002
- Nominee, Kinzer-Rice Award for Excellence in University Teaching, Loma Linda University, 2008
Kuhn, E., Crowley, J. J., Hoffman, J. E., Eftekhari, A., Ramsey, K. M., Owen, J. E., Reger, G. M., & Ruzek, J. I. (2015). Clinician characteristics and perceptions related to use of the PE (Prolonged Exposure) Coach mobile app. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 46, 437-443.
Owen, J. E., Jaworski, B. J., Kuhn., E., Makin-Byrd, K. N., Ramsey, K. E., & Hoffman, J. E. (2015). mHealth in the wild: Using novel data to examine the reach, use, and impact of PTSD Coach. JMIR Mental Health, 2(1), e7. doi:10.2196/mental.3935.
Owen, J. E., Bantum, E. O., Gorlick, A., & Stanton, A. L. (2015). Engagement with a social-networking intervention for cancer-related distress. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 49(2), 154-64. doi:10.1007/s12160-014-9643-6.
Lewallen, A. C., Owen, J. E., Bantum, E. O., & Stanton, A. L. (2014). How language affects peer responsiveness in an online cancer support group: Implications for treatment design and facilitation. Psycho-Oncology, 23(7), 766-72. doi:10.1002/pon.3477.
Owen, J. E., Bantum, E. O., Criswell, K., Bazzo., J., Gorlick, A., & Stanton, A. L. (2014). Representativeness of two sampling procedures for an Internet intervention targeting cancer-related distress: A comparison of convenience and registry samples. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 37(4), 630-41. doi:10.1007/s10865-013-9509-6.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.