PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States government. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States government, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Veterans Affairs of the linked websites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized VA activities, the Department does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided with the intent of meeting the mission of the department and the VA website. Please let us know about existing external links that you believe are inappropriate or about specific additional external links that you believe ought to be included.
Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to documents available from this server, neither the United States government nor any of its employees makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Information from this server resides on a computer system funded by the VA. The use of this system may be monitored for computer security purposes. Any unauthorized access to this system is prohibited and is subject to criminal and civil penalties under federal laws including but not limited to Public Laws 83-703 and 99-474.
Reference from this web page or from any of the information services sponsored by the VA to any nongovernmental entity, product, service or information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the VA or any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of any "off-site" web pages referenced from this server.
Below are the National Center for PTSD's policies on linking to and from our website.
We welcome any site linking to us as long as the descriptive words of our site are accurate and not misleading and do not misrepresent an unofficial relationship between the linking site and the National Center for PTSD.
Decisions to link from the National Center for PTSD site to outside resources are made using the following criteria:
- The site contributes something unique and beneficial to our intended audience.
- There is no inflammatory political, racial, or offending sexual content on the site.
- The information on the site is accurate.
- The information is factual and does not represent an individual opinion.
- The author is not placing information on the Internet solely for profit.
- The information is current.
- The resource is updated frequently.
- If there are links to other sites, they are functional and appropriate.
- Sources of information are stated.
- The purpose of the resource is clearly stated.
- The site compares well relative to other sites on the same subject.
- The site is organized and it is easy to find your way around.
- The site does not require additional software or hardware.
- The site loads in a reasonable amount of time and is consistently available.
The National Center for PTSD uses these criteria to maintain website links to organizations with similar interests and goals. We reserve the right to deny or remove the posting of any link at our discretion.