PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Mark W. Miller, PhD
Mark W. Miller, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Boston University School of Medicine/National Center for PTSD, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2000
- Florida State University, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1998
- The American University, Psychology, BA, 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Personality & genetic factors in PTSD
- Assessment: PTSD, Personality, Comorbidity, MMPI-2, Forensic
- Structural models of psychopathology
- Neurobiology of PTSD
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Psychological Association, Division 56 (Trauma Psychology)
Logue, M.W., Smith, A.K., Baldwin, C., Wolf, E.J., Guffanti, G., Ratanatharathorn, A., Stone, A., Schichman, S.A., Humphries, D., Binder, E.B., Arloth, J., Menke, A., Uddin, M., Wildman, D., Galea, S., Aiello, A.E., Koenen, K.C., and Miller, M.W. (2015). An analysis of gene expression in PTSD implicates genes involved in the glucocorticoid receptor pathway and neural responses to stress. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 57, 1-13.
Miller, M.W. & Sadeh, N. (2014). Traumatic stress, oxidative stress and posttraumatic stress disorder: neurodegeneration and the accelerated-aging hypothesis. Molecular Psychiatry, 19, 1156-1162. doi:10.1038/mp.2014.111
Miller, M.W., Wolf, E.J.,& Keane, T.M. (2014). Posttraumatic stress disorder in DSM-5: New criteria and controversies. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 21, 208-220. doi: 10.1111/cpsp.12070
Logue, M.W., Baldwin, C., Guffanti, G., Melista, E., Wolf E.J., Reardon, A.F., Uddin, M., Wildman, D., Galea, S., Koenen, K.C., & Miller, M.W. (2013). A genome-wide association study of posttraumatic stress disorder identifies the retinoid-related orphan receptor alpha (RORA) gene as a significant risk locus. Molecular Psychiatry, 18, 937-942. doi:10.1038/mp.2012.113
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.