PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Terence M. Keane, PhD
Terence M. Keane, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Professor of Psychiatry and Assistant Dean for Research
- University of Mississippi Medical Center/VA Jackson Consortium, Predoctoral Clinical Internship, 1978
- Binghamton University, Psychology, PhD, 1978
- University of Rochester, Psychology, BA, 1973
Expertise and Interests
- Posttraumatic stress disorder: Conceptual models, assessment, and treatment
- Cognitive behavioral approaches to anxiety management
- Addictive behaviors
Membership in Professional Societies
- Society of Clinical Psychology (President, 2015)
- American Psychological Association (Fellow: Divisions 12, 18, 44, 56)
- Association for Behavioral & Cognitive Therapy
- Association for Advancement of Psychology
- Association of VA Psychology Leaders (President, 2004-5)
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (President 1996-1997)
- Association for Psychological Science (Fellow)
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America (President 2012-2014)
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Clinical Psychology Award, American Psychological Association, Society for Clinical Psychology
- Lifetime Achievement Award, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Outstanding Researcher in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Association for Behavioral & Cognitive Therapy
Sloan, D.M., Wisco, B.P., Vogt, D. & Keane, T.M. (2015) Postdoctoral Training in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Research. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. Advanced online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/tra0000007.
Keane, T. M., Rubin, A., Lachowicz, M., Brief, D.J., Enggasser, J., Roy, M., Hermos, J., Helmuth, E., & Rosenbloom, D. (2014). Temporal Stability of DSM-5 Posttraumatic Stress Disorder criteria in a problem drinking sample. Psychological Assessment, 26(4), 1138-1145.
Keane, T.M. (2014) Toward a greater understanding of mental health issues in today's military. Depression and Anxiety.
Miller, M.W., Wolf, E.J. & Keane, T.M. (2014) Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in DSM-5: New Criteria and Controversies. Clinical Psychology: Science & Practice, 21(3), 208-220.
Miller, M.W., Wolf, E.J., Kilpatrick, D., Resnick, H., Marx, B.P., Holowka, D.W., Keane, T.M., Rosen, R.C., & Friedman, M.J. (in press). The prevalence and latent structure of proposed DSM-5 posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in US national and Veteran samples. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, & Policy.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.