PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Annabel Prins, PhD
Annabel Prins, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- San Jose State University (SJSU), Professor of Psychology
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Postdoctoral Hours, 1997
- State University of New York at Albany, PhD, 1995
- Boston VA Medical Center, Clinical Internship, 1991
- Smith College, MS, 1985
- Springfield College, BS, 1983
Expertise and Interests
- Student Veterans
- PTSD screening
- Management of PTSD in primary care
- Clinical use of web resources and mobile technology
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
Prins, A., Westrup, D., & Walser, T. (2015). Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: A case study for Military Sexual Trauma. In L. S. Katz (Ed.), Treating Military Sexual Trauma. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Belsher, B., Kuhn, E., Maron, D., Prins, A., Cueva, D., Fast, E., & France, D. (2015). A preliminary study of an internet-based intervention for OEF/OIF veterans presenting for VA specialty PTSD care. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 28, 153-156.
Bush, N., Prins, A., Laraway, S., O’Brien, K., Ruzek, J., & Ciulla, R. P. (2014). A pilot evaluation of the afterdeployement.org online Posttraumatic Stress Workshop for military service members and veterans. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 6, 109-119.
Gore, K. L., McCutchan, P. K., Prins, A., Freed, M. C., Liu, X., Weil, J., & Engel, C. C. (2013). Operating characteristics of the PCL in a military primary care setting. Psychological Assessment, 25, 1032-1036.
Members of the press: To schedule an interview with this staff member please contact Public Affairs specialist at the corresponding Division.