PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Josef I. Ruzek, PhD
Josef I. Ruzek, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University, Professor (Clinical Professor-Affiliated)
- Palo Alto University, Associate Professor
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1989
- University of California, Los Angeles, Psychology, BA, 1974
Expertise and Interests
- Cognitive-behavioral treatments for PTSD
- Early intervention to prevent development of PTSD and post-trauma problems
- Dissemination/implementation of best practices in PTSD assessment and treatment
- Online intervention and training
- Roles of smartphone mobile health technology in improving PTSD care
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- American Psychological Association
Ruzek, J. I., Eftekhari, A., Rosen, C. S., Crowley, J. J., Kuhn, E., Foa, E. B., Hembree, E. A., & Karlin, B. E. (In press). Effects of a comprehensive training program on clinician beliefs about and intention to use Prolonged Exposure therapy for PTSD. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
Ruzek, J. I., Eftekhari, A., Crowley, J., Kuhn, E., Karlin, B. E., & Rosen, C. S. (In press). Post-training beliefs, intentions, and use of Prolonged Exposure therapy by clinicians in the Veterans Health Administration. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. doi:10.1007/s10488-015-0689-y
Ruzek, J. I., Rosen, R. C., Garvert, D. W., Smith, L. D., Sears, K. C., Marceau, L., Harty, B., & Stoddard, A. M. (2014). Online self-administered training of PTSD treatment providers in cognitive-behavioral intervention skills: Results of a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 27, 703-711. doi:10.1002/jts.21977
Des Groseilliers, I. B., Marchand, A., Cordova, M. J., Ruzek, J. I., & Brunet, A. (2013). Two-year follow-up of a brief dyadic cognitive-behavioral intervention designed to prevent PTSD. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 5, 462-469. doi:10.1037/a0031967
Ruzek, J. I., Karlin, B. E., & Zeiss, A. (2012). Implementation of evidence-based psychological treatments in the Veterans Health Administration. In R. K. McHugh & D. H. Barlow (Eds.), The dissemination of evidence-based psychological treatments (pp. 78-96). Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.