PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Josef I. Ruzek, PhD
Josef I. Ruzek, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University, Professor (Clinical Professor-Affiliated)
- Palo Alto University, Associate Professor
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1989
- University of California, Los Angeles, Psychology, BA, 1974
Expertise and Interests
- Cognitive-behavioral treatments for PTSD
- Early intervention to prevent development of PTSD and post-trauma problems
- Dissemination/implementation of best practices in PTSD assessment and treatment
- Online intervention and training
- Roles of smartphone mobile health technology in improving PTSD care
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- American Psychological Association
Brunet, A., Bousquet des Groseilliers, I., Cordova, M. J., & Ruzek, J. I. (In press). Randomized controlled trial of a new dyadic early intervention designed to mitigate the development of PTSD. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
Eftekhari, E., Ruzek, J. I., Crowley, J. J., Rosen, C. S., Greenbaum, M. A., & Karlin, B. E. (2013). Effectiveness of national implementation of prolonged exposure therapy in VA care. JAMA Psychiatry. doi: 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2013.36
Ruzek, J. I., Karlin, B. E., & Zeiss, A. (2012). Implementation of evidence-based psychological treatments in the Veterans Health Administration. In R. K. McHugh & D. H. Barlow (Eds.), The dissemination of evidence-based psychological treatments (pp. 78-96). Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
Ruzek, J. I., Rosen, R. C., Marceau, L., Larson, M. J., Garvert, D. W., Smith, L., & Stoddard, A. (2012). Online self-administered training for post-traumatic stress disorder treatment providers: Design and methods for a randomized, prospective intervention study. Implementation Science, 7, 43. doi:10.1186/1748-5908-7-43
Ruzek, J. I., Schnurr, P. P., Vasterling, J. J., & Friedman, M. J. (2011). Caring for veterans with deployment-related stress disorders. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.