PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Jessica Hamblen, PhD
Jessica Hamblen, PhD
Acting Deputy Executive Director
See staff directory for contact information.
- Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth (formerly Dartmouth Medical School), Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Department of Psychiatry, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2001
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Clinical Child Psychology, PhD, 2000
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Clinical Child Psychology, MA, 1996
- Bates College, Psychology, BA, 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Evidence-based treatments for PTSD, dual diagnosis, and postdisaster distress
- Dissemination and implementation of evidence based care for veterans and trauma survivors with PTSD
- Awareness, recognition, and understanding of PTSD and related conditions
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- David M. Worthen Award for Career Achievement in Educational Excellence
Hamblen, J.L., Barnett, E.R., Hermann, B.A., & Schnurr, P.P. (2012). PTSD treatment research: An overview and evaluation. In J.G. Beck & D.M. Sloan (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of traumatic stress disorders (pp. 415-426). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Hamblen, J.L., Barnett, E., & Norris, F.H. (2012). Long term mental health treatment for adult disaster survivors. In J. Framingham & M. Teasley (Eds.), Behavioral health response to disasters (pp. 301-318). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Hamblen, J.L., Norris, F.H., Gibson, L.A., & Lee, L. (2010). Training community therapists to deliver Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in the aftermath of disaster. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health, 12, 33-44.
Hamblen, J.L., Norris, F.H., Pietruszkiewicz, S., Gibson, L., Naturale, A., & Louis, C. (2009). Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for postdisaster distress: A community based treatment program for survivors of Hurricane Katrina. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 36, 206-214.
Hamblen, J.L., Schnurr, P.P., Rosenberg, A., & Eftekhari, A. (2009). A guide to the literature on psychotherapy for PTSD. Psychiatric Annals, 39, 348-354.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.