PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Patricia Watson, PhD
Patricia Watson, PhD
Senior Educational Specialist
See staff directory for contact information.
- Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Harvard Medical School, Judge Baker Children's Center, Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Psychology, 1995
- Catholic University, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1994
- James Madison University, Psychology, BS, 1985
Expertise and Interests
- Disaster mental health interventions
- Military culture
- Early intervention
- Peer support for public safety personnel
- Resilience factors
- Disseminating information on traumatic stress and PTSD
- Using mobile technology to improve care
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- Full Scholarship award to the Beck Institute 1st Annual Faculty Workshop: Teaching and Supervising CBT, 2013.
Watson, P. & Neria, Y. (manuscript under review). Understanding and Fostering Resilience in Trauma Exposed Populations. Psychiatric Times: Trauma and Disaster Psychiatry Special Report.
Watson, PJ., Gibson, L, & Ruzek, J.I. (in press). Disaster Mental Health Interventions. In Friedman, M.F., Resick, P. & Keane, T. PTSD: Science and Practice-A Comprehensive Handbook, 2nd Edition. Guilford.
Watson, P., Gist, R., Taylor, V. Evlander, E., Leto, F., Martin, R., Vaught, D., Nash, W.P., Westphal, R., & Litz, B. (2013). Stress First Aid for Firefighters and Emergency Services Personnel. National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
Watson, P., Litz, B. T., & Southwick, S. (2012). Preparation for Deployment: Improving Resilience, Ritchie EC, ed. Combat and Operational Behavioral Health. In: Lenhart MK, ed. Textbooks of Military Medicine, Washington, DC: Department of the Army, Office of The Surgeon General, Borden Institute.
Watson, P.J., Brymer, M. and Bonanno, G. (2011). Post-Disaster Psychological Intervention Since 9/11. American Psychologist Special Issue: The 10th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.