PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Amy Street, PhD
Amy Street, PhD
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Boston University School of Medicine and VA Boston Healthcare System, Clinical Psychology, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2000
- University of Georgia, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1998
- Boston VA Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine Predoctoral Internship Consortium, Predoctoral Psychology Internship, 1997
- University of Georgia, Clinical Psychology, MS, 1996
- Auburn University, Psychology, BA, 1993
Expertise and Interests
- Gender differences in trauma exposure and PTSD
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault among military populations
- Risk for retraumatization
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Psychological Association
- Psychologists in Public Service, Division 18
- Trauma Psychology, Division 56
- Association of VA Psychologist Leaders
Awards and Honors
- Leadership Award, Association of VA Psychology Leaders
Street, A. E., Gilman, S. F., Rosellini, A. J., Stein, M. B., Bromet, E. J., Cox, K. L...Kessler, R.C. (2015). Understanding the elevated suicide risk of female soldiers during deployments. Psychological Medicine, 45, 717-726. doi: 10.1017/S003329171400258X
Nillni, Y. I., Gradus, J. L., Gutner, C. A., Luciano, M. T., Shipherd, J. C., & Street, A. E. (2014).Deployment stressors and physical health among OEF/OIF Veterans: The role of PTSD. Health Psychology, 33, 1281-1287. doi: 10.1037/hea0000084
Bell, M. E., Street, A. E., & Stafford, J. (2014). Victims' psychosocial well-being after reporting sexual harassment in the military. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation, 15, 133-152. doi: 10.1080/15299732.2014.867563.
Street, A. E., Gradus, J. L., Giasson, H. L., Vogt, D., & Resick, P. A. (2013). Gender differences among Veterans deployed in support of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 28, 556-562. doi:10.1007/s11606-013-2333-4
Street, A. E., Vogt, D., & Dutra, L. (2009). A new generation of women Veterans: Stressors faced by women deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Clinical Psychology Review, 29, 685-694. doi:10.1016/j.cpr.2009.08.007
Street, A.E., Gradus, J.L., Giasson, H.L., Vogt, D., & Resick, P.A. (in press). Gender differences among Veterans deployed in support of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Journal of General Internal Medicine.
King, M.W., Street, A.E., Gradus, J.L., Vogt, D.S., & Resick, P.A. (in press). Gender differences in posttraumatic stress symptoms among OEF/OIF Veterans: An item response theory analysis. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
Iverson, K. M., Monson, C.M., & Street, A.E. (2012). Dual combat and sexual trauma during military service. In M. Duckworth & V. Follette (Eds.) Retraumatization: Assessment, treatment, and prevention (pp. 253-281). New York, NY: Rutledge.
Street, A.E., Bell, M., & Ready, C.B. (2011). Sexual assault. In D. Benedek & G. Wynn(Eds.), Clinical manual for the management of PTSD (pp. 325-348). Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Association.
Kimerling, R., Street, A.E., Pavao, J., Smith, M.W., Cronkite, R.C., Holmes, T.H., Frayne, S.M. (2010). Military-related sexual trauma among VHA patients returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. American Journal of Public Health, 100(8), 1409-1412. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2009.171793
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.