PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Jillian C. Shipherd, PhD
Jillian C. Shipherd, PhD
Clinical Research Psychologist
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2001
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Psychology, MA, 1998
- State University of New York at Albany, Psychology, BA, 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Risk and resilience factors in PTSD
- Cognitive facets of trauma recovery
- Interface of mental and physical health in trauma recovery
- Sexual and gender minority treatment
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Psychological Association
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Awards and Honors
- Award for Distinguished Contribution to Education and Training for 2014: Society for the Psychological Study of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues (Division 44) of the American Psychological Association
- Top 25 Diversity Councils from National Association of Diversity Councils
- Special Contribution Award from Department of Veterans Affairs
Shipherd, J.C. & Fordiani, J. (2015). The Application of Mindfulness in Coping with Intrusive Thoughts Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. Doi: 10.1016/j.cbpra.2014.06.001
Shipherd, J.C., Clum, G., Suvak, M.K. & Resick, P.A. (2013). Treatment-related reductions in PTSD and changes in physical health symptoms in women. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 37(3) 423-433.doi: 10.1007/s10865-013-9500-2
Foynes, M.M., Smith, B. & Shipherd, J.C. (in press). Associations between race-and gender-based discrimination, health and functioning: A longitudinal study of Marines. Medical Care
Thordardottir, E.B., Valdimarsdottir, U.A., Hansdottir, I., Resnick, H., Shipherd, J.C., & Gudmundsdottir, B. (2015) Posttraumatic stress and other health consequences of catastrophic avalanches: A 16-year follow-up of survivors. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 32, 103-111.
Kauth, M., Shipherd, J.C., Lindsay, J., Blosnich, J.R. Brown, G., & Jones, K.T. (2014). Access to care for transgender veterans in the Veterans Health Administration: 2006-2013. American Journal of Public Health, 104(S4), S532-S534.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.