PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Katherine M. Iverson, PhD
Katherine M. Iverson, PhD
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Boston University, Department of Psychiatry, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2010
- Boston Consortium in Clinical Psychology, VA Boston Healthcare System, 2008
- University of Nevada, Reno, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2008
- University of Nevada, Reno, Clinical Psychology, MA, 2005
- University of Notre Dame, Psychology, BA, 2002
Expertise and Interests
- Women's mental health following potentially traumatic events (e.g., intimate partner violence, traumatic brain injury)
- Intimate partner violence detection, treatment, and prevention
- Reducing risk for revictimization
- Coordination of care
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Psychological Association
- Association of VA Psychologist Leaders
Awards and Honors
- Career Development Award (2012-2016), Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) Services
- Lynne Stevens Research Award, Boston University School of Medicine
Iverson, K.M., Litwack, S.D., Pineles, S.L., Suvak, M.S., Vaughn, R., & Resick, P.A. (2013). Predictors of intimate partner violence revictimization: The relative impact of distinct PTSD symptoms, dissociation and coping strategies. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 26, 102-110. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jts.21781
Iverson, K.M., Pogoda, T.K., Gradus, J.L., & Street, A E. (2013). Deployment-related traumatic brain injury among OEF/OIF Veterans: Associations with mental and physical health by gender. Journal of Women's Health, 22, 267-275. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2012.3755
Iverson, K.M., Gradus, J.L, Resick, P.A., Suvak, M.K, Smith, K.F, & Monson, C.M. (2011). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for PTSD reduces risk for intimate partner violence. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79, 193-202. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0022512
Iverson, K. M., King, M. W., Resick, P. A., Gerber, M. R., Kimerling, R., & Vogt, D. (2013). Clinical utility of an intimate partner violence screening tool for female VHA patients. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 28, 1288-1293.
Iverson, K. M., & Pogoda, T. K. (2015). Traumatic brain injury among women Veterans: An invisible wound of intimate partner violence. Medical Care, 53, 112-119.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.