PTSD: National Center for PTSD
PTSD Awareness Month: Promotional Materials
Promotional Materials and Tips to Raise Awareness
You can make a difference. Please use these materials and tips to help spread the word about PTSD.
Are you joining our effort? Complete the Raise PTSD Awareness Pledge.
- PTSD Awareness Flyer (PDF) or Customizable Flyer for Your Event (PDF)
- Help Raise Awareness (PDF) includes tips to “learn, connect, and share.”
- PTSD Awareness 3’ x 8’ Banner: Email to request the file. (Online services can print for under $80.)
- Brochures, wallet cards, and more: See our PTSD materials for printing.
- PTSD widgets and badges are useful to link to us at: www.ptsd.va.gov
- PTSD Awareness Month graphic (jpg) works on the web, social media, or newsletter. (Higher quality jpg available.)
- VA specific files (Web banners, screen savers for VA computers) are on the Center’s intranet site: vaww.ptsd.va.gov. Look for “VA PTSD Promotional Materials.”
- Share our suggested social media posts (PDF) to promote PTSD Awareness month.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share our posts.
- Watch and share YouTube videos on PTSD and PTSD treatment.
- Give others the links to our award winning AboutFace website and animated whiteboard videos.
"I have PTSD" Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
Ask TV and radio stations to run these PSAs from the award-winning AboutFace campaign. In these videos, Veterans talk about how they turned their lives around with PTSD treatment. (How to ask local media outlets to run a PSA.)
Preview video PSAs on YouTube (and share):
- Email to request Video PSAs for TV or Jumbotron
- Email to request Audio PSA for Radio. Preview 30 sec audio (mp3)
Tips to help raise PTSD Awareness
There are many ways to help others “learn, connect and share” during PTSD Awareness Month. Share the materials we have listed above. Here are a few tips to get you started if you’d like to plan an event:
- Set up a table with PTSD information (using materials above).
- Host a group learning event by streaming our educational videos and courses:
- Understanding PTSD or Understanding PTSD Treatment
- Animated whiteboard videos
- For Professionals: PTSD Continuing Education courses
- Bring together friends to browse AboutFace, a website dedicated to Veterans who have turned their lives around with PTSD treatment.
- Support or host a local event and walk, bike, or dance to raise awareness. (See tips on how to use events to raise awareness.)