PTSD: National Center for PTSD
With the release of DSM-5, the National Center for PTSD is working to revise and validate a number of PTSD assessments. We will continue to update this page as information becomes available.
Currently, the following measures have been updated to include DSM-5 criteria for PTSD:
- Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-5).
- Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 - Child/Adolescent Version (CAPS-CA-5)
- Dissociative Subtype of PTSD Scale (DSPS)
- PTSD Checklist for DSM-5 (PCL-5)
- Life Events Checklist for DSM-5 (LEC-5)
The measure below is still being revised:
- The Primary Care PTSD Screen (PC-PTSD), which will also be available in Spanish
We recommend you subscribe to our PTSD Monthly Update to receive emails with PTSD news, information, and relevant products. The availability of new assessment tools will be included in this resource.