PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Increasing Effectiveness of PTSD Treatments
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
Increasing the Effectiveness of Evidence-Based Treatments for PTSD
- Date Created: 05/11/2010
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Credits: ANCC, APA, ASWB, CA BBS, CA BRN
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Course Series: PTSD 101
This course addresses how to increase the effectiveness of evidence-based treatments for PTSD, particularly in difficult cases and situations. The author presents how to decide who is appropriate for evidence-based treatment using assessment. She discusses common barriers to effective delivery of PTSD treatment and provides solutions to overcome these barriers.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand the limitations of evidence-based therapy for PTSD
- Identify and address potential treatment-interfering behaviors
- Develop strategies for managing complex cases
Earn Continuing Education (CE/CME) Credits
- Read the required brochure (PDF)
- Only non-VA staff: Evaluation/Post-test (PDF)
- VA Staff: Use TMS course link
See details on How to Get Credit.