PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Anger, Aggression and PTSD
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
Anger, Aggression, and PTSD
- Date Created: 12/27/2011
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Credits: ANCC, APA, ASWB, CA BBS, NBCC
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Course Series: PTSD 101, Clinical Practice Guideline
VA/DoD PTSD Clinical Practice Guideline Series (2010)
This course provides a review of the literature that describes the prevalence of anger and aggression in patients with PTSD and the interaction between anger and PTSD symptoms.
The author reviews the 2010 VA/DoD Guideline for treating anger and PTSD and describes a clinical application.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand the association between PTSD and anger/aggression
- Review the 2010 VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for treating anger and PTSD
- Describe a clinical application for Anger, Aggression, and PTSD: Strength at Home