PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies for PTSD
- Date Created: 04/ 8/2009
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Credits: ANCC, APA, ASWB, CA BBS
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Course Series: PTSD 101
This online course, Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies for PTSD, outlines the components and empirical support for two evidence-based treatments: Prolonged Exposure (PE) and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT). An interactive learning tool and case examples with audio excerpts help further a provider's understanding of these treatments.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of CPT and PE
- Describe the components of CPT and PE
- Report the evidence for the use of these treatments for PTSD
Earn Continuing Education (CE/CME) Credits
- Read the required brochure (PDF)
- Only non-VA staff: Evaluation/Post-test (PDF)
- VA Staff: Use TMS course link
See details on How to Get Credit.