PTSD: National Center for PTSD
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
- Date Created: 11/ 1/2008
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Credits: ANCC, APA, ASWB, CA BBS, ACCME, CA BRN
- Skill Level: Basic
- Course Series: PTSD 101
To Earn Credit: see below.
The course PTSD: General Cross-Cultural Considerations explores cultural identity and highlights how shared learned behavior and socially transferred meanings result in culturally-based assumptions about mental health. It will explore how interpretations of and reactions to severe stressors can vary by culture. It then provides strategies for modifying and augmenting assessment and treatment techniques when working with cross-cultural clients.
Goals and Objectives
- Define culture and its impact on treatment
- Implement strategies for modifying and/or augmenting assessment methods when working with cross-cultural clients
- Implement strategies for modifying and/or augmenting treatment methods when working with cross-cultural clients
Earn Continuing Education (CE/CME) Credits
- Read the required brochure (PDF)
- Only non-VA staff: Evaluation/Post-test (PDF)
- VA Staff: Use TMS course link
See details on How to Get Credit.