PTSD: National Center for PTSD
All pages on this site can be printed and used as handouts. Also see Materials for Printing (About Us section), for items to use at conferences and in your office.
Handouts for Patients and FamilyAny page in the Public section of this website can be used for patient handouts.
- Understanding PTSD (PDF)
- Understanding PTSD Treatment (PDF). Available in Spanish (PDF)
- Returning from the War Zone Guide for Families (PDF)
Chamorro Translation (PDF)
Samoan Translation (PDF)
- Returning fro the War Zone Guide for Service Members (PDF)
Other helpful materials
Handouts for Providers
Informational handouts for providers who are assisting individuals with trauma and PTSD.
- Assessing and Responding to Suicidal Intent: A Fact Sheet for Providers (PDF)
- Mental Health Reactions After Disaster: A Fact Sheet for Providers (PDF)
- Report of Consensus Conference: Practice Recommendations for Treatment of Veterans with Comorbid Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, History of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury, (and Pain) (PDF)
- Report of Consensus Conference: Practice Recommendations for Treatment of Veterans with Comorbid Substance Use Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PDF)
- Using the PTSD Checklist for DSM-IV (PCL) (PDF)