PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Educational videos to view online, for Mental Health Care Providers, and other Health Care Providers. Topics include recovery, treatment, assessment and more. Also includes video series that are specific to issues for ethnic minority Veterans. For videos targeted to Veterans and the general public, see the Public Section of this website.
- Children and Trauma
Information on the impact of trauma on children and schools, normal and prolonged stress responses, assessment considerations, and intervention models.
- Hope for Recovery
An educational video about PTSD for Veterans and their family members as well as for caregivers.
- The New Warrior: Combat Stress and Wellness: Provider Perspectives
A video that addresses the unique issues service members deployed for the global war on terror face.
- Psychopharmacology of PSTD
A video for mental health care providers on medications for PTSD and the mechanisms involved.
- PTSD, Allostatic Load and Medical Illness
This video further develops practitioners' clinical knowledge and skills concerning psychobiological models of chronic stress and PTSD that are risk factors for medical illness.
- Trauma Exposure, PTSD and Violence
This video informs clinicians about the "cycle of violence" and how to evaluate violence exposure and violent behavior.
- Women Who Served in Our Military: Insights for Interventions: Provider Perspectives
A video to help providers in their work with female Veterans.
- Readiness to Change in PTSD Treatment
This video reviews the treatment of combat-related PTSD in relation to the concept of "readiness to change."
Specific to Ethnic Minorities
- Combat on Many Fronts: Latino Veterans and Family: Provider Perspectives
This video is to help providers, Veterans, and others understand the history and cultural issues of Latino Americans and learn how we can best serve these Veterans.
- PTSD Among Asian-American and Pacific Islander Veterans: For Providers
This video is to help providers by increasing awareness of the cultural aspects of PTSD care when provided to Asian American Veterans.
- War on Many Fronts: African American Veterans with PTSD: For Providers
This video is to increase clinicians' awareness of the cultural aspects of PTSD care when provided to African American Veterans.
- Wounded Spirits, Ailing Hearts: PTSD and the Legacy of War Among American Indian & Alaska Native Veterans: For Health Care Providers
A video for health care providers about PTSD in American Indians and Alaska Native Veterans.
- Wounded Spirits, Ailing Hearts: PTSD and the Legacy of War Among American Indian & Alaska Native Veterans: For Mental Health Providers
A video for mental health care providers about PTSD in American Indian and Alaska Native Veterans.
For information on our video format and to download Windows Media player please refer to our Video Help page.
NOTE: These videos are not available for purchase or distribution. Additional videos are available on YouTube. Some of the videos specific to Veterans may contain information that has changed since the production date. The most current information on Veterans benefits, eligibility, VA services, and more can be found through the Department of Veterans Affairs at www.va.gov.