Tools for specific professionals who encounter Veterans or trauma survivors in their line of work (e.g. clergy, employers, police, college campus staff, or community mental health providers).
Toolkits include handouts, information, and networking resources specific to helping Veterans or anyone who may have PTSD. Also learn how to take care of yourself while providing care or working alongside those managing PTSD.
- VA Campus Toolkit
Provides college faculty, staff, and administrators with resources to support student Veterans who are adjusting to campus life. Flyer for VA Campus Toolkit (PDF).
- Community Provider Toolkit
Features support for mental health providers caring for Veterans. Learn how to connect with VA and access tools to understand military culture and Veteran-specific treatments in mini clinics.
- Veterans Employment Toolkit
Created for employers, managers and supervisors, human resource professionals, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providers to support and retaining Veterans in the workplace. Toolkit also offers employment resources for Veterans. Flyer for Veterans Employment Toolkit (PDF).
Additional Toolkits in Development
- Clergy Toolkit: Created for religious leaders, including chaplains and community clergy, who are often the first to learn of a person's struggle with trauma. Toolkit focuses on helping Veterans and those with PTSD.
- Police Toolkit: Designed to teach police officers and police trainers about PTSD among Veterans.
- Provider Resiliency Toolkit: Provides education and resources to help mental health care providers with professional burnout and secondary traumatic stress.
- VA Disaster Responders Toolkit: Provides disaster mental health-related information and resources for volunteer work as a VA Disaster Emergency Medical Personnel System (DEMPS) mental health provider.
- VA Primary Care Toolkit: Provides easy access to PTSD resources for care managers, co-located mental health providers, and behavioral health coordinators working in VA primary care.