This section includes educational videos for the Public and Veterans. Videos range in length and topics include PTSD treatment and recovery, and information for groups of people, such as children and Veterans of specific ethnic groups.
Watch our whiteboard video series. These short animated videos use hand-drawn images to help you learn about PTSD and effective treatments.
- Children and Trauma
Information on the impact of trauma on children and schools, normal and prolonged stress responses, assessment considerations, and intervention models.
- Hope for Recovery
An educational video about PTSD for Veterans and their family members, as well as for caregivers.
- The New Warrior: Combat Stress and Wellness for Veterans and Family
The latest information to help recently deployed service members and their families.
- VA PTSD Treatment Works
Brief videos describing effective PTSD treatments for Veterans.
- Women Who Served in Our Military: For Veterans and Families
A video released in 2006 discusses the role of women in the military.
For Veterans of Specific Ethnic Groups
- Combat on Many Fronts: Latino Veterans and Family: Perspectives for Veterans and Family
This video is to help Veterans and others understand the history and cultural issues of Latino Americans and how we can best serve these Veterans.
- PTSD Among Asian-American and Pacific Islander Veterans: for Veterans and Families
A video for Veterans and their families to increase awareness of the cultural aspects experienced by Asian American Veterans with PTSD.
- War on Many Fronts: African American Veterans with PTSD: for Veterans and Family
This video is to help Veterans and families understand the cultural aspects of PTSD for African American Veterans.
- Wounded Spirits, Ailing Hearts (for the general public): PTSD Among American Indian & Alaska Native Veterans
A video for general audiences about PTSD in American Indian Veterans and the special needs of those belonging to this culture.
- Wounded Spirits, Ailing Hearts (for Veterans): PTSD Among American Indian & Alaska Native Veterans
A video for Veterans about PTSD in American Indian Veterans.
For information on video formats, and to download an appropriate player please refer to our Video Help page.
NOTE: Videos can be viewed online but are not available for purchase or distribution. Additional videos are available on YouTube. Some of the videos specific to Veterans may contain information that has changed since the production date. The most current information on Veterans benefits, eligibility, VA services, and more can be found through the Department of Veterans Affairs at www.va.gov.