PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Lewina Lee, PhD
Lewina Lee, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Clinical Research Fellowship, 2015
- Boston University School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Research Fellowship, 2013
- Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Predoctoral Clinical Psychology Internship (Geropsychology), 2011
- University of Southern California, Department of Psychology, PhD (Clinical Science - Aging), 2011
- University of Southern California, Psychology (with honors) and International Relations (with honors), BA, Magna Cum Laude, 2003
Expertise and Interests
- Aging and health
- Lifespan approach to the effects of psychosocial stress exposure on mental and physical health
- Early adversity and health
- Long-term adaptation to trauma and stress-related conditions
- Research methods for capturing intra- and inter-individual developmental processes across multiple time scales
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Psychological Association
- Gerontological Society of America
- American Psychosomatic Society
Awards and Honors
- NIH/NIA RAND Summer Institute Scholarship, 2018
- NIH/NIDA and Penn State Methodology Center Scholarship, Summer Institute on Innovative Methods, 2017
- NIH/NIA Butler-Williams Scholar, 2013
- ANIH/NIMH Fellowship, Summer Research Institute in Geriatric Mental Health, 2012
- University of Southern California Rockwell Dennis Hunt Scholastic Award, 2008-9
- American Psychological Association Psychological Science Graduate Student Superstar, 2007
- Graduate Student Delegate, National Conference on Training in Professional Geropsychology (Pikes Peak Conference), 2006
Lee, D.K., Lee, L.O., Bovin, M.J., Moshier, S.J., Dutra, S.J., Kleiman, S.E., Rosen, R.C., Vasterling, J.J., Keane, T.M., & Marx, B.P. (2020). The twenty-year course of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms among veterans. Journal of Abnormal Psychology,129, 658-669.
Lee, L.O. (2020). PTSD and Aging. PTSD Research Quarterly, 30, 1-15.
Lee, L.O., James, P., Zevon, E.S., Kim, E.S., Trudel-Fitzgerald, C., Spiro, A., Grodstein, F., & Kubzansky, L.D. (2019). Optimism is associated with exceptional longevity in two epidemiologic cohorts of men and women. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116, 18357-18362.
Lee, L.O., Aldwin, C.M., Kubzansky, L.D., Chen, E., Mroczek, D.K., Wang, J.M., & Spiro, A. III. (2015). Do cherished children age successfully? Longitudinal findings from the VA Normative Aging Study. Psychology and Aging, 30, 894-910.
Lee, L.O., Gatz, M., Pedersen, N.L., & Prescott, C.A. (2016). Anxiety trajectories in the second half of life: Genetic and environmental contributions. Psychology and Aging, 31, 101-13.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.