PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Lewina Lee, PhD
Lewina Lee, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Boston Healthcare System, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Behavioral Science Division, Clinical Research Fellowship, 1/2015
- Boston University School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Research Fellowship, 12/2013
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Predoctoral Clinical Psychology Internship (Geropsychology track; APA-accredited), 2011
- University of Southern California, Clinical Science (Clinical-Aging track; APA- and PCSAS-accredited), Department of Psychology, PhD, 12/2011
- University of Southern California, Psychology (with honors) and International Relations (with honors), BA, Magna Cum Laude, 5/2003
Expertise and Interests
- Aging and health
- Lifespan approach to the effects of psychosocial stress exposure on mental and physical health
- Long-term adaptation to trauma and stress-related conditions
- Research methods for capturing intra- and inter-individual developmental processes across multiple time scales
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Psychological Association
- Gerontological Society of America
- American Psychosomatic Society
Kim, E.S., Fong, K., Lee, L., Spiro, A., Schwartz, J., Whitsel, E., Horvath, S., Wang, C., Hou, L., Baccarelli A.A., Li Y., Stewart J., Manson, J.E., Grodstein, F., DeMeo, D., Kubzansky, L.D. (in press). Optimism is Not Associated with Two Indicators of DNA Methylation Aging. Aging. https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.102090
Vasterling, J.J., Aslan, M., Lee, L.O., Proctor, S.P., Ko, J., Jacob, S., & Concato, J. (2018). Longitudinal associations among PTSD symptoms, TBI, and neurocognitive functioning in Army soldiers deployed to the Iraq war. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 24, 311-323.
Lee, L.O., Gatz, M., Pedersen, N.L., & Prescott, C.A. (2016). Anxiety trajectories in the second half of life: Genetic and environmental contributions. Psychology and Aging, 31, 101-13.
Lee, L.O., Aldwin, C.M., Kubzansky, L.D., Chen, E., Mroczek, D.K., Wang, J.M., & Spiro, A. III. (2015). Do cherished children age successfully? Longitudinal findings from the VA Normative Aging Study. Psychology and Aging, 30, 894-910.
Verfaellie, M., Lee, L.O., Lafleche, G., & Spiro, A. III. (2015). Self-reported sleep disturbance mediates the relationship between PTSD and cognitive outcome in blast-exposed OEF/OIF veterans. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 31, 309-19.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.