PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Erika J. Wolf, PhD
Erika J. Wolf, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Boston Consortium in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Research Fellow, 2011
- Boston Consortium, Predoctoral Clinical Internship, 2009
- Boston University, Psychology, PhD, 2010
- Harvard University, Extension Studies: Psychology, ALB, 2001
Expertise and Interests
- Genetic and environmental contributors to PTSD and related comorbidity
- Latent variable approaches to measuring posttraumatic psychopathology
- Personality, personality disorder, and dissociation in the context of trauma and PTSD
- Traumatic stress-related accelerated cellular aging and premature onset of disease
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) Awarded by President Obama's White House in 2016
- VA Patient Care Service Award, 2014
- Chaim and Bela Danieli Young Professional Award, ISTSS, 2014 Outstanding Contribution to Trauma Psychology by an Early Career Psychologist, Division 56 (Trauma Psychology), American Psychological Association, 2014
- Outstanding Dissertation in the Field of Trauma Psychology, Division 56 (Trauma Psychology), American Psychological Association
- Outstanding Student Achievement Award, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Boston University Women's Guild Award
Wolf, E. J., Chen, C.D., Zhao, X., Zhou, Z., Morrison, F. G., Daskalakis, N. P., Stone, A., Schichman, S., Garza Grenier, J., *Fein-Schaffer, D., Huber, B. R., Traumatic Stress Brain Research Group, Abraham, C. R., Miller, M. W., & Logue, M. W. (in press). Klotho, PTSD, and advanced epigenetic age in cortical tissue. Neuropsychopharmacology.
Wolf, E. J., Logue, M. W., *Morrison, F. G., *Wilcox, E. S., Stone, A., Schichman, S. A., McGlinchey, R. E., Milberg, W. P., & Miller, M. W. (2018). Posttraumatic psychopathology and the pace of the epigenetic clock: A longitudinal investigation. Psychological Medicine, 13, 1-10.
Wolf, E. J., Sadeh, N., Leritz, E., Logue, M. W., *Stoop, T., McGlinchey, R., Milberg, W., & Miller, M. W. (2016). PTSD as a catalyst for the association between metabolic syndrome and reduced cortical thickness. Biological Psychiatry, 80, 363-371.
Wolf, E. J., Miller, M. W., *Sullivan, D. R., Amstadter, A. B., Mitchell, K. S., Goldberg, J., & Magruder, K. M. (2017). A classical twin study of PTSD symptoms and resilience: Evidence for a single spectrum of vulnerability to traumatic stress. Depression and Anxiety, 35, 132-139.
Wolf, E. J., Harrington, K. M., Clark, S. L., & Miller, M. W. (2013). Sample size requirements for structural equation models: An evaluation of power, bias, and solution propriety. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 73, 913-934. doi: 10.1177/0013164413495237
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.