PTSD: National Center for PTSD
COVID-19: Resources for Managing Stress
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Resources for Managing Stress
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic can take an emotional as well as a physical toll. There are strategies that can help with the stress, grief, and anxiety that many people are feeling. This section links to information and resources to support self-care, the work of providers, and community efforts.
Mobile App: COVID Coach
This free mobile app is designed to help you build resilience, manage stress, and increase your well-being during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic with tools to help you stay connected, work from home, navigate parenting or caregiving, and stay healthy while sheltering in place.
- Managing Stress Associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak | en Español
Practical steps you can take to deal with stress reactions.
- Helpful Thinking During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak | en Español
Outlines common unhelpful thoughts and feelings related to disease outbreaks and more helpful thoughts that could lead to feeling better.
- Strategies for Families to Adapt to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Learn strategies you can use to help your family adapt, cope, and build resilience during the pandemic.
- Grief: Different Reactions and Timelines After a Loss
Learn about common grief reactions and stages of loss as well as prolonged or complicated grief.
- Grief: Taking Care of Yourself After a Loss
Learn strategies to increase self-care while grieving a loss.
- Intimate Partner Violence
At a time when tension is high, the risks of intimate partner violence can increase. Learn about domestic violence and resources for assistance.
- Tips for Providing Support to Others During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak | en Español
Tips on how to show care and empathy for someone during a difficult time.
- Grief: Helping Someone Else After a Loss
Learn strategies to support someone grieving a loss.
- Self-Help and Coping Strategies
Find out what to expect after a trauma and about self-help tools that can help you manage stress reactions.
- How Can I Help Someone with PTSD?
Learn about how you can help family and friends, including information on effective treatments for PTSD.
- Mobile Apps for Self-Care
We offer a number of free, self-help apps that can help manage stress and support self-care, like Mindfulness Coach, Mood Coach, StayQuit Coach and more.