PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and Stress Inoculation Training
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) & Stress Inoculation Training (SIT)
- Date Created: 04/11/2012
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Credits: APA, ASWB
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Course Series: PTSD 101, Clinical Practice Guideline
The purpose of this course is to review the VA/DoD 2010 clinical practice guideline recommendations regarding EMDR and SIT for PTSD.
The presenter provides an overview of the components of each treatment and presents the research evidence behind these models for PTSD.
Goals and Objectives
- Summarize the 2010 VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for EMDR and SIT
- Describe EMDR and the research literature supporting its use for PTSD
- Describe SIT and the research literature supporting its use for PTSD