This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
The National Center is now offering continuing education courses on the TRAIN platform and in TMS for VA employees. There are some courses that are still in the Flash format. To view them you must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed. These are available on the VA Viewer Software page.
Help with TRAIN Courses
Not all courses are course offered in TRAIN. Most TRAIN courses have Continuing Education Credits available. To find out if the course is on TRAIN:
- Go to the individual course page you are interested in taking
- Look for "Take the Course" in the left column
- Use the link below Take the Course to "Go to TRAIN website"
- The link will take you directly to the course page on the TRAIN website.
- First time users: Create an account (link to do that is on the page)
- If you have an account: Log in to access content
What is TRAIN? TRAIN is a national learning network that provides quality training opportunities for professionals who protect and improve the public's health. It is open to anyone once you sign up for an account. Indepth information about the TRAIN Learning Network.
Help with Flash Courses
The Flash Courses are being phased out and put into TRAIN. While the transition is happening, the National Center is still offering the courses in FLASH, although they are no longer available for credit.
To watch Flash courses: files will play automatically when you click the link. Please note that Flash will not work on iPhone or iPad devices.
A transcript is available in the 'Notes' section of the player.Keyboard commands for your screen reader
To navigate through Flash courses using assistive technology:
- Spacebar will Play and Pause
- Arrow Left, Arrow Up, or Page Up will Play Previous Slide
- Arrow Right, Arrow Down, or Page Down will Play Next Slide
- Home key will Play First Slide
- End key will Play Last Slide
- O key will show the Outline tab
- T key will show the Thumbnails tab
- S key will show the Search tab
- N key will show the Notes tab
- V key will Toggle Display View Modes
- M key will Toggle Audio Mute
Courses in TMS
All courses that are in TRAIN are also offered in TMS for VA employees only. For a full list of course offerings you can log in to TMS.
If you experience difficulty with the flash courses, please contact email@example.com. We are here to help. If you experience problems with courses on TRAIN or TMS websites, please report the issue to their help departments as the National Center cannot fix problems on these websites.