PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Practical Assessment of PTSD
This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.
Practical PTSD Assessment
- Date Created: 12/23/2015
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Credits: APA, ASWB, Other Orgs
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Course Series: PTSD 101
|VA Staff: TMS website|
|Non-VA: TRAIN website|
To Earn Credit: see below.
This course provides a practical guide to assessing PTSD. The author describes the purpose and importance of screening for PTSD and monitoring symptom change. In addition, the author reviews the best tools for these purposes, as well as for diagnosing PTSD. DSM-5 revised measures are included.
Goals and Objectives
- Describe general approach to PTSD assessment
- Review purpose of PTSD screening and tools to do so
- Review assessment measures used to diagnose PTSD, including DSM-5 revisions
- Understand importance of monitoring outcomes and how to do so
- Discuss assessment in the context of VA Compensation & Pension (C & P) exam
Continuing Education (CE/CME) Credits
CE/CME information is available on the TRAIN and TMS websites.
See details on How to Get Credit.