Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
This section is about our Mission, Vision, Staff, & Press Room
Website Content Inventory
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' National Center for PTSD developed this inventory of content, priorities, and schedules as required by Section 207(f)(2) of the E-Government Act of 2002. This inventory is intended to be comprehensive and to represent content from the National Center's website.
Categories of Information Disseminated
Column 1 lists the categories of information National Center for PTSD disseminates.
Column 2 indicates the priority National Center for PTSD assigns to publication of each category.
Priority 1. Required by law, regulation, presidential directive, or by other official directive or national security.
Priority 2. Mission-critical and essential for program operations, but not required by law, regulation or presidential directive.
Priority 3. Frequently requested information.
Priority 4. Other information.
Column 3 indicates the publication schedule for the category.
1. Web pages: Authoritative and scientific consumer information intended for the general public and the professional communities.
2. Special Topics: Authoritative and scientific consumer information disseminated on a real-time basis following relevant world events (disasters, terrorist attacks, wars, etc).
Every 6 months and as needed
3. General Information about National Center for PTSD: Mission, annual report, employment, staff directory, division information, and contact information.
Updated as needed
4. Science Education Materials and Training Modules: For researchers and students at all levels - includes videos, online training modules, and guides.
5. Peer-reviewed Scientific Research by National Center for PTSD staff.
6. PILOTS Database: An electronic index to the worldwide literature on PTSD and other mental health consequences of exposure to traumatic events.
7A. PTSD Research Quarterly: Contains review articles written by guest experts on specific topics related to PTSD. Each article contains a selective bibliography with abstracts and a supplementary list of annotated citations.
7B. CTU-Online: Brief summaries of clinically relevant publications in the trauma field, provided to clinicians.
Every two months
8. Assessment Information: Descriptive, reference, and contact information about child and adult measures of trauma exposure and responses.
9. Web Links: Resources and relevant information available on other websites.
Updated as needed
Audiences for National Center Website
The information is provided for the following audiences: the general public, Veterans and their families, VA and other clinicians, family members and friends of traumatized individuals, researchers, librarians, journalists, students, traumatized populations, primary care doctors, lawyers, and policy makers.
Date this content was last updated is at the bottom of the page.