PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Below is an alphabetical list of adult PTSD interviews. For each measure, a brief description, sample items, versions, references and how to obtain the measure is provided.
- Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-5)
Includes information on CAPS for DSM-IV.
- PTSD Symptom Scale - Interview for DSM-5 (PSS-I-5)
- Structured Clinical Interview for the DSM-IV Axis I Disorders (SCID PTSD Module)
- Structured Interview for PTSD (SI-PTSD)
Measure availability: We provide information on a variety of measures assessing trauma and PTSD. These measures are intended for use by qualified mental health professionals and researchers. Measures authored by National Center staff are available as direct downloads or by request. Measures developed outside of the National Center can be requested via contact information available on the information page for the specific measure.
Other sources of information on measures and how to obtain them include:
- American Psychological Association: PsycTESTS
- Educational Testing Service: Test Link Database
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies: Clinical Resources (Assessments)
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Measures Review Database