PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Erika J. Wolf, PhD
Erika J. Wolf, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Boston Consortium in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Research Fellow, 2011
- Boston Consortium, Predoctoral Clinical Internship, 2009
- Boston University, Psychology, PhD, 2010
- Harvard University, Extension Studies: Psychology, ALB, 2001
Expertise and Interests
- Genetic and environmental contributors to PTSD and related comorbidity
- Latent variable approaches to measuring posttraumatic psychopathology
- Personality, personality disorder, and dissociation in the context of trauma and PTSD
- Assessment, instrument development and evaluation related to trauma and PTSD
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) Awarded by President Obama's White House in 2016
- VA Patient Care Service Award, 2014
- Chaim and Bela Danieli Young Professional Award, ISTSS, 2014 Outstanding Contribution to Trauma Psychology by an Early Career Psychologist, Division 56 (Trauma Psychology), American Psychological Association, 2014
- Outstanding Dissertation in the Field of Trauma Psychology, Division 56 (Trauma Psychology), American Psychological Association
- Outstanding Student Achievement Award, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Boston University Women's Guild Award
Wolf, E. J., Miller, M. W., Sullivan, D. R., Amstadter, A. B., Mitchell, K. S., Goldberg, J., & Magruder, K. M. (in press). A classical twin study of PTSD symptoms and resilience: Evidence for a single spectrum of vulnerability to traumatic stress. Depression and Anxiety
Wolf, E. J., Logue, M. W., Stoop, T. B., Schichman, S. A., Stone, A., Sadeh, N., Hayes, J. P., & Miller, M. W. (in press). Accelerated DNA methylation age: Associations with PTSD and mortality. Psychosomatic Medicine.
Wolf, E. J., Bovin, M. J., Green, J. D., Mitchell, K. S., Stoop, T. B., Barretto, K. M., Jackson, C. E., Lee, L. O., Fang, S. C., Trachtenberg, F., Rosen, R. C., Keane, T. M., & Marx, B. P. (2016). Longitudinal associations between posttraumatic stress disorder and metabolic syndrome severity. Psychological Medicine, 46, 2215-2226.
Wolf, E. J., Sadeh, N., Leritz, E., Logue, M. W., Stoop, T., McGlinchey, R., Milberg, W., & Miller, M. W. (2016). PTSD as a catalyst for the association between metabolic syndrome and reduced cortical thickness. Biological Psychiatry, 80, 363-371.
Wolf, E. J., Logue, M. W., Hayes, J. P., Sadeh, N., Schichman, S. A., Stone, A., Salat, D. H., Milberg, W., McGlinchey, R., & Miller, M. W. (2016). Accelerated DNA methylation age: Associations with PTSD and neural integrity. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 63, 155-162.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.