PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Michelle Bovin, PhD
Michelle Bovin, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- NIMH T32, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2013
- Boston Consortium, Predoctoral clinical internship, 2011
- Temple University, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2011
- Claremont Graduate University, Applied Social Psychology, MA, 2004
- University of Pennsylvania, Psychology, BA, 1998
Expertise and Interests
- Development and validation of instrumentation for assessing PTSD and other trauma-related sequalae
- Administration of the Clinician Administered PTSD Scale (CAPS)
- Access to care
- Functional impairment
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- American Psychological Association
Awards and Honors
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Program (CDLP) Awardee (2015)
- Commendation from Temple University for Academic Excellence (2007-2008)
- Temple University Fellowship (2005-2007)
- Claremont Graduate University Fellowship for Academic Excellence (2001)
Bovin, M. J., Meyer, E. C., Kimbrel, N. A., Kleiman, S. E., Green, J. D., Morissette, S. B., & Marx, B. P. (in press). Using the World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0 to assess disability in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder. PLOS ONE.
Bovin, M. J., Black, S. K., Kleiman, S. E., Brown, M. E., Brown, L. G., Street, A. E., Rosen, R. C., Keane, T. M., & Marx, B. P. (in press). The impact of assessment modality and demographic characteristics on endorsement of military sexual trauma. Women's Health Issues.
Bovin, M. J., Miller, C. J., Koenig, C. J., Lipschitz, J. M., Zamora, K. A., Wright, P. B., Pyne, J. M., & Burgess, J. F., Jr. (2018). Veterans' experiences initiating VA-based mental health care. Psychological Services. https://doi-org.ezproxy.bu.edu/10.1037/ser0000233
Bovin, M. J., Black, S. K., Rodriguez, P., Lunney, C. A., Kleiman, S. E., Weathers, F. W., Schnurr, P. P., Spira, J., Keane, T. M., & Marx, B. P. (2018). Development and validation of a measure of PTSD-related psychosocial functional impairment: The Inventory of Psychosocial Functioning. Psychological Services, 15, 216-229.
Weathers, F. W., Bovin, M. J., Lee, D. J., Sloan, D. M., Schnurr, P. P., Kaloupek, D. G., Keane, T. M., & Marx, B. P. (2018). The Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-5): Development and initial psychometric evaluation in military veterans. Psychological Assessment, 30, 383-395. https://doi-org.ezproxy.bu.edu/10.1037/pas0000486
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.