PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Daniel Lee, PhD
Daniel Lee, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2019
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, Clinical Psychology, Ph.D., 2017
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, Clinical Psychology, Ph.D., 2013
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, Psychology, B.A. 2008
Expertise and Interests
- Assessment of PTSD
- Longitudinal analysis of responses to trauma exposure
- Suicide risk among Veterans
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Awards and Honors
- Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Award; Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Lee, D. J., Bovin, M. J., Weathers, F. W., Schnurr, P. P., Palmieri, P. A., Sloan, D. M., Keane, T. M., & Marx, B. P. (2019). Latent factor structure of DSM-5 posttraumatic stress disorder: Evaluation of method variance and construct validity of novel symptom clusters. Psychological Assessment, 31, 46-58.
Lee, D. J., Kearns, J. C., Wisco, B. E., Gradus, J. L., Green, J. D., Sloan, D. M., Nock, M. K., Rosen, R. C., Keane, T. K., & Marx, B. P. (2018). A longitudinal study of risk factors for suicide attempts among Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans. Depression and Anxiety, 35, 609-618.
Weathers, F. W., Bovin, M. J., Lee, D. J., Sloan, D. M., Schnurr, P. P., Kaloupek, D. G., Keane, T. M. & Marx, B. P. (2018). The Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-5): Development and initial psychometric evaluation in military veterans. Psychological Assessment, 30, 383-395.
Lee, D. J., Weathers, F. W., Sloan, D. M., Davis, M., T., & Domino, J. L. (2017). Development and preliminary psychometric examination of the Semi-Structured Emotion Regulation Interview. Journal of Personality Assessment, 99, 56-66.
Sloan, D. M., Marx, B. P., Lee, D. J., & Resick, P. A. (2018). A brief exposure based treatment for PTSD versus Cognitive Processing Therapy: A randomized noninferiority clinical trial. JAMA Psychiatry, 75, 233-239.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.