PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Carmen P. McLean, PhD
Carmen P. McLean, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Adjunct Assistant Professor
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2008
- University of British Columbia, Canada, Psychology, BA, 2002
Expertise and Interests
- Internet and mobile technology to delivery interventions
- Disseminating and implementation of evidence-based treatment
- Mechanism of treatment change
- Augmentation of exposure therapy
- Intersection of PTSD and sleep disorders
Membership in Professional Societies
- Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies
- Physicians for Human Rights
Awards and Honors
- Anne Marie Albano Early Career Award for Excellence in Science and Practice Integration, Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies
- Certificate of Recognition for Contributions to Students, The Parents Association and the Teaching Council of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
McLean, C. P., Zandberg, L., Roache, J. D., Fitzgerald, H., Pruiksma, K. E., Taylor, D. J., Dondanville, K. A., Litz, B. T., Mintz, J., Young-McCaughan, S., Yarvis, J. S., Peterson, A. L., & Foa, E. B.; for the STRONG STAR Consortium. (in press). The effect of caffeine consumption on sleep disturbances in military personnel with PTSD. Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
McLean, C. P., Zang, Y., Zandberg, L., Bryan, C. J., Gay, N., Foa, E. B., & the STRONG STAR Consortium. (2016). Suicidal Ideation Among Active Duty Military Personnel with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Risk and Protective Factors. Journal of Affective Disorders, 208(15), 392-398. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2016.08.061.
Brownlow, J. A., McLean, C. P., Gehrman, P. R., Gerlinde C., Harb, G. C., Ross, R. J., & Foa, E. B. (2016). Influence of Sleep Disturbance on Global Functioning After Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Treatment. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 29(6), 515-521. doi: 10.1002/jts.22139.
RMcLean, C. P., Su, Y. J., & Foa, E. B. (2015). Mechanisms of Symptom Reduction in a Combined Treatment for Comorbid Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Alcohol Dependence. Journal of Clinical and Consulting Psychology, 83(3), 655-661. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/ccp0000024.
McLean, C. P., Yeh, R., Rosenfield, D., & Foa, E. B. (2015). Negative posttraumatic cognitions as a mediator of treatment outcome among adolescents with PTSD related to child sexual abuse. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 68, 64-69. doi:10.1016/j.brat.2015.03.008.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.