PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Joyce P. Yang, PhD
Joyce P. Yang, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Postdoctoral Fellow
- University of Washington, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2017
- Boston University, Experimental Psychology, MA, 2008
- Washington University in St. Louis, Biology and Psychology, BA, 2007
Expertise and Interests
- Mental health equity
- PTSD treatment experiences among Veterans of color
- Participatory action research methods
- Social determinants of health and chronic illness (HIV)
- Raced-based traumatic stress
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- APA Division 45 Society for the Psychological Study of Culture, Ethnicity and Race
Awards and Honors
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Pre-doctoral Fellowship, National Institute of Mental Health (1F31MH099925)
- Robert C. Bolles Graduate Fellowship, University of Washington
- Trainee Support Grant, Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) of Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center and University of Washington
Yang, J.P., Simoni, J., Cheryan, S., Shiu, C., Chen, W., Zhao, H., & Lu, H. (in press). The development of a brief HIV-related distress reduction intervention for newly diagnosed individuals in China. Cognitive & Behavioral Practice.
Yang, J.P. and Linehan, M.M. (2017). A Case Study of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder. In E. Rodolfa & J. Schaffer (Eds.), A Casebook and Workbook for Users of the ICD-10-CM: Psychological and Behavioral Considerations (Ch. 10). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
Yang, J.P., Xie, T., Simoni, J., Shiu, C., Chen, W., Zhao, H., & Lu, H. (2016). A mixed-methods study supporting a model of Chinese Parental HIV Disclosure. AIDS & Behavior, 20(1), 165-73.
Yang, J.P., Leu, J., Simoni, J., Chen, W., Shiu, C., Zhao, H. (2015). Ã«Please donÃt make me ask for helpÃ: Implicit social support and mental health in Chinese individuals living with HIV/AIDS. AIDS & Behavior, 19(8), 1501-1509.
Simoni, J., Yang, J.P., Shiu, C., Chen, W., Udell, W., Bao, M., Zhang, L., & Lu, H. (2015). Nurse-delivered counseling intervention for parental HIV disclosure: Results from a pilot randomized controlled trial in China. AIDS, 29, S99-107.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.