PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Lindsey Zimmerman, PhD
Lindsey Zimmerman, PhD
Psychologist, Implementation Science
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Affiliate Instructor
- Georgia State University, Clinical and Community Psychology, PhD, 2012
- San Francisco State University, BA, 2005
Expertise and Interests
- Implementation Science and Quality Improvement
- Systems Science and System Dynamics
- Mixed-Methods (Qualitative/Quantitative) and Participatory Research
- Measurement-based Care, Health Record Data Systems and Big Data
- Evidence-based Practices for PTSD, Substance Use Disorders (SUD), PTSD/SUD comorbidity
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Psychological Association - Division of Trauma Psychology (Division 56)
- Society for Community Research and Action (Online Learning and Social Media/Website Committees)
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (Co-Chair - Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay & Transgender Special Interest Group)
- Research Society on Alcoholism
- Seattle Implementation Research Collaborative (Founder Member and Network of Expertise Member)
- Addiction and the Family International Network
Awards and Honors
- Trauma Intervention Fellowship, Georgia State University
- Injury Prevention Scholarship, Emory University Center for Injury Control
- Departmental Honoree, San Francisco State University
Zimmerman, L., Lounsbury, D. W., Rosen, C. S., Kimerling, R., Trafton, J. A., & Lindley, S. E. (2016, online first). Participatory System Dynamics Modeling: Increasing Stakeholder Engagement and Precision to Improve Implementation Planning in Systems. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. doi:10.1007/s10488-016-0754.
Zimmerman, L., Villate, J. L., Kerbrat, A. H., Atkins, D. C., Flaster, A. & Comtois, K. A. (2015). Current suicidal ideation among treatment-engaged active duty Army and Marines. Military Behavioral Health, 3, 296-305. doi:10.1080/21635781.2015.1093980.
Stappenbeck, C. A., Hassija, C. M., Zimmerman, L., & Kaysen, D. (2015). Sexual assault related distress and drinking: The influence of daily reports of social support and coping control. Addictive Behaviors, 42, 108-113. doi:10.1016/j.addbeh.2014.11.013.
Zimmerman, L., Darnell, D., Rhew, I., Lee, C.M., & Kaysen, D. (2015). Resilience in community: A social ecological development model for early adult sexual minority women rejected by family. American Journal of Community Psychology, 55, 179-190. doi:10.1007/s10464-015-9702-6.
Woods, A., Zimmerman, L., Carlin, E., Hill, A., & Kaslow, N. J. (2013). Motherhood, reasons for living, and suicidality among African American women. Journal of Family Psychology, 27, 600-606. doi:10.1037/a0033592.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.