PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Craig Rosen, PhD
Craig Rosen, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Associate Professor
- Yale University, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1998
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, Psychology, BS, 1982
Expertise and Interests
- Dissemination and implementation of evidence-based treatments
- Enhancing patient engagement and retention in treatment
- Health services research and improving systems of PTSD care
- Telemedicine, e-health and mobile technologies
- Peer support for recovery
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Ruzek, J.I., Eftekhari, A., Crowley, J., Kuhn, E.R. Karlin, B.E., & Rosen, C.S. (2017). Post-training beliefs, intentions, and use of Prolonged Exposure therapy by clinicians in the Veterans Health Administration. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 44(1), 123-132.
Morland, L. A., Mackintosh, M. A., Greene, C. J., Rosen, C. S., Chard, K. M., Resick, P., & Frueh, B. C. (2014). Cognitive processing therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder delivered to rural Veterans via telemental health: A randomized noninferiority clinical trial. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 75(5), 470-476. doi:10.4088/JCP.13m08842.
Shin, H., Greenbaum, M.A., Jain, S., & Rosen, C.S. (2014). Associations of psychotherapy dose and SSRI/SNRI refills with mental health outcomes among veterans with PTSD. Psychiatric Services, 65, 244-8. doi:10.1176/appi.ps.201300234.
Eftekhari, A., Ruzek, J.I., Crowley, J., Rosen, C.S., Greenbaum, M.A., & Karlin, B.E. (2013). Effectiveness of national implementation of prolonged exposure therapy in VA care. JAMA Psychiatry, 70, 949-55. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2013.36.
Rosen, C.S., Tiet, Q.Q., Harris, A., Julian, T., McKay, J., Moore, W.M., Owen, R., Rogers, S., Rosito, O., Smith, D., Smith, M., & Schnurr, P.P. (2013). Effects of telephone care management for veterans discharging from residential PTSD treatment: A randomized controlled trial. Psychiatric Services, 64, 13-20. doi:10.1176/appi.ps.201200142.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.