PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Josef I. Ruzek, PhD
Josef I. Ruzek, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University, Professor
- Palo Alto University, Associate Professor
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 1989
- University of California, Los Angeles, Psychology, BA, 1974
Expertise and Interests
- Internet and mobile technologies in PTSD care
- Early intervention to prevent development of PTSD and post-trauma problems
- Implementation of best practices in PTSD assessment and treatment
- Online training of mental health clinicians
- Cognitive-behavioral interventions for PTSD and related problems
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- American Psychological Association
Rosen, R. C., Ruzek, J. I., & Karlin, B. E. (2017). Evidence-based training in the era of evidence-based practice: Challenges and opportunities for training of PTSD providers. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 88, 37-48.
Kuhn, E., Kanuri, N., Hoffman, J. E., Garvert, D. W., Ruzek, J. I., & Taylor, C. B. (2017). A randomized controlled trial of a smartphone app for posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 85, 267-273.
Ruzek, J. I., Eftekhari, A., Rosen, C. S., Crowley, J. J., Kuhn, E., Foa, E. B., Hembree, E. A., & Karlin, B. E. (2016). Effects of a comprehensive training program on clinician beliefs about and intention to use Prolonged Exposure therapy for PTSD. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 8, 348-55.
Ruzek, J. I., Kuhn, E., Jaworski, B. K., Owen, J. E., & Ramsey, K. M. (2016). Mobile mental health interventions following war and disaster. mHealth, 2, 37.
Edwards, K. S., Parish, S. J., Rosen, R., Garvert, D. W., Spangler, S. L., & Ruzek, J. I. (2016). A standardized patient methodology to assess CBT skills performance: Development and testing in a randomized controlled trial of web-based training. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 10, 149-156.
Members of the press interested in contacting this staff member to schedule an interview should reach out to the Division contact for the press.