PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Eric Kuhn, PhD
Eric Kuhn, PhD
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor
- University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY), Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2004
- University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY), Psychology, MA, 2002
- University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY), U.S. History and Anthropology, BA, 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Web- and Mobile Phone-Based Psycho-education and Self-Help Apps for PTSD
- Technology Applications for Mental Health Treatment and Professional Training
- Dissemination, Implementation, and Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices
- Implementation Science & Health Services Research
- Research Design, Methodology, and Advanced Statistical Procedures
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- Federal Communications Commission Chairman's Award for Advancement in Accessibility for PTSD Coach Mobile Phone App
- American Telemedicine Association President's Award for the Advancement of Telemedicine - Innovation for PTSD Coach Mobile Phone App
- Peer Group Award: National Center for PTSD Mobile Apps Team, Office of Patient Care Services, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- NIH Mobile Health Summer Training Institute, University of California, Los Angeles (August 25-30, 2013)
- American Council for Technology and the Industry Advisory Council Finalist for the Excellence.Gov Awards
- Official Honoree: Health & Fitness, Department of Veterans Affairs Mobile Applications
- Suite for Mental and Behavioral Health: The 18th Annual Webby Awards
Kuhn, E. & Hugo, E. (2017). Technology-based blended learning to facilitate psychiatry resident training in Prolonged Exposure (PE) therapy for PTSD. Academic Psychiatry, 41, 121-124.
Kuhn, E., Kanuri, N., Hoffman, J. E., Garvert, D. W., Ruzek, J. I., & Taylor, C. B. (2017). A randomized controlled trial of the PTSD Coach app with community trauma survivors. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 85, 267-273.
Kuhn, E., Weiss, B. J., Taylor, K. L., Hoffman, J. E., Ramsey, K. M., Manber, R., Gehrman, P., Crowley, J. J., Ruzek, J. I., & Trockel, M. (2016). CBT-I Coach: A description and clinician perceptions of a mobile app for cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 12, 597-606.
Kuhn, E., Crowley, J. J., Hoffman, J. E., Eftekhari, A., Ramsey, K. M., Owen, J. E., Reger, G. M., & Ruzek, J. I. (2015). Clinician characteristics and perceptions related to use of the PE (Prolonged Exposure) Coach mobile app. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 46, 437-443.
Kuhn, E., Greene, C., Hoffman, J., Nguyen, T., Wald, L., Schmidt, J., Ramsey, K. M., & Ruzek, J. (2014). A preliminary evaluation of PTSD Coach, a smartphone app for posttraumatic stress symptoms. Military Medicine, 179, 12-18.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.