PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Benjamin Kelmendi, MD
Benjamin Kelmendi, MD
Clinical Neurosciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Yale Department of Psychiatry, Assistant Chief: Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit
- National Center for PTSD-VA Connecticut and Yale Department of Medicine, Advanced Research Fellowship in PTSD, 2015 - 2017
- University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Medicine, M.D., 2011
- Biology Eastern Connecticut State University, Psychology, B.A., 2004
Expertise and Interests
- Pharmaco-neuroimaging and use of biomarkers
- Usage of MDMA in treatment-resistant PTSD
- Pharmacological and treatment strategies to increase brain plasticity
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- Society of Biological Psychiatry (SOBP)
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA)
Awards and Honors
- Loan Repayment Program Award, National Institutes of Health
- NARSAD Young Investigator Award
- Scholar Award, Yale Clinical Center for Investigation
Duek, O., Kelmendi, B., Pietrzak, R., & Harpaz-Rotem, I. (2019). Augmenting treatment of PTSD with ketamine - Review. Current Treatment Options in Psychiatry.
Adams, T.G., Kelmendi, B., Brake, C.A., Gruner, P., Badour, C.L., & Pittenger, C.. (2018). The role of stress in the pathogenesis and maintenance of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Chronic Stress (Thousand Oaks). doi: 10.1177/2470547018758043
Brooks, H., Kichuk, S.A., Adams, T.G., Koller, W.N., Eken, H.N., Rance, M., Monahan, S., Wasylink, S., Kelmendi, B., Pittenger, C., Gruner, P., & Hampson, M. (2018). Developing image sets for inducing obsessive-compulsive checking symptoms. Psychiatry Research. doi: 10.1016/j.psychres.2018.04.035.
Averill, L.A., Averill, C.L., Kelmendi, B., Abdallah, C.G., & Southwick, S.M. (2018). Stress response modulation underlying the psychobiology of resilience. Current Psychiatry Reports. doi: 10.1007/s11920-018-0887-x
George J., Pittenger, C., Kelmendi, B., Lohr, J., & Adams, T.G. (2018). Disgust sensitivity mediates the effects of race on contamination aversion. Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders. Doi: 10.1016/j.jocrd.2018.08.002
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.