PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Eve Davison, PhD
Eve Davison, PhD
Director, Women's Stress Disorder Treatment Team
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Hillside Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Clinical Geropsychology, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2000
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Clinical/Counseling/School Psychology, Clinical Specialization, Ph.D., 1999
- Dutchess County Department of Mental Hygiene, Predoctoral Psychology Internship, 1998
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Clinical/Counseling/School Psychology, Clinical Specialization, M.A., 1995
- Harvard University, Psychology, A.B., 1991
Expertise and Interests
- Trauma, aging, and the life course
- Treatment of PTSD in women Veterans
Membership in Professional Societies
- Gerontological Society of America
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- Research Scholar, Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health, Career Development Award, NIH Office of Women's Health Research
- Scholarship, Summer Institute on Aging, RAND Corporation
Potter, C.M., Pless Kaiser, A., King, L.A., King, D.W., Davison, E.H., Seligowski, A.V., Brady, C.B., & Spiro, A., III (2012). Distinguishing Late-Onset Stress Symptomatology from posttraumatic stress disorder in older combat Veterans. Aging and Mental Health, 17(2), 173-179.
Rowe, E.L., Gradus, J.L., Pineles, S.L., Batten, S.V., & Davison, E.H. (2009). Military sexual trauma in treatment-seeking women Veterans. Military Psychology, 21(3), 387-395.Davison, E.H. (2008). Delayed onset. In G. Reyes, J. Elhai, & J. Ford (Eds.), Encyclopedia of psychological trauma (pp. 195-196). New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons.
King, L.A., King, D.W., Vickers, K., Davison, E.H., & Spiro, A., III (2007). Assessing late-onset stress symptomatology among aging male combat Veterans. Aging and Mental Health, 11(2), 175-191.
Davison, E.H., Pless, A.P., Gugliucci, M.R., King, L.A., King, D.W., Salgado, D.M., Spiro, A., III, & Bachrach, P. (2006). Late-life emergence of early-life trauma: The phenomenon of Late-Onset Stress Symptomatology among aging combat Veterans. Research on Aging, 28, 84-114.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.