PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Tara Galovski, PhD
Tara Galovski, PhD
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- University at Albany-State University of New York, Clinical Psychology, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2002
- University at Albany-State University of New York, Albany, NY, Ph.D., 2001
- University at Albany-State University of New York, Albany, NY, M.A., 1998
- University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, Psychology, B.S., 1994
Expertise and Interests
- Cognitive Processing Therapy in the treatment of PTSD
- PTSD and sleep disturbances
- Intersection between physical and mental health
- Anger and aggression in trauma recovery
- Gender differences in recovery from PTSD
Membership in Professional Societies
- Association for Behavior and Cognitive Therapy
- Association for Psychological Science
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Editorial Board, Journal of Traumatic Stress
Awards and Honors
- Psychotherapy with Women Award (Division 35 of APA)
- Scholarship Award (Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback)
Galovski, T.E., Mott*, J.M, Blain*, L., Elwood*, L., Gloth*, C., & Fletcher, T.D. (in press). Augmenting CPT to improve sleep impairment in PTSD: A randomized clinical trial. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology.
McNeill*, S. & Galovski, T.E. (2015). Coping styles among individuals with severe mental illness and comorbid PTSD. Community Mental Health Journal, 51(6), 663-673.
Mott*, J. M., Galovski, T. E., Elwood**, L. S., & Walsh*, R. M. (2015). Change in Trauma Narratives and Perceived Recall Ability over a Course of Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD. Traumatology, 21, 47-57. Doi:10.1037/trm0000012.
Galovski, T.E., Schuster Wachen, J., Chard, K.M., Monson, C.M., & Resick, P.A. (2015). Cognitive Processing Therapy. In U. Snyder & M. Cloitre (Eds.).Evidence-based Treatments for Trauma-Related Psychological Disorders: A Practical Guide for Clinicians (189-204). Springer Publishing.
Galovski, T.E. & Gloth*, C. (2015). Cognitive-behavioral therapies for PTSD. In N. Bernardy & M. Friedman (Eds.). Psychopharmacology for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (pp. 101-116). American Psychological Association.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.