PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Cassidy Gutner, PhD
Cassidy Gutner, PhD
Women's Health Sciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2013
- University of California San Diego and VA San Diego Healthcare System, Psychology Intern, 2012
- Boston University, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2013
- Skidmore College, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology & Neuroscience, 2004
Expertise and Interests
- Transdiagnostic psychotherapy
- Comorbid PTSD, anxiety, and depression
- Implementation and dissemination of evidence based treatments
- Hybrid methodology
Membership in Professional Societies
- Association for Behavior and Cognitive Therapies
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Society for Implementation Research Collaborative
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Awards and Honors
- NIMH Implementation Research Institute (IRI) Fellow (2016-2018)
- NIH Career Development Institute Fellow
- NIH/VA Training Institute for Dissemination & Implementation Research in Health (TIDIRH) Fellow
- ADAA Career Development Leadership Award
Gutner, C. A., Suvak, M. K., Sloan, D. M., & Resick, P. A. (In Press). Does timing matter? Examining the impact of session timing on outcome. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. doi: 10.1037/ccp0000120.
Gutner, C. A., Galovski, T., Bovin, M. J., & Schnurr, P. P. (2016). Emergency of transdiagnostic treatment for PTSD and posttraumatic distress. Current Psychiatry Reports, 18(10), 95. doi: 10.1007/s11920-016-0734-x.
Gutner, C.A., Gallagher, M. W., Baker, A. S., Sloan, D. M., Resick, P.A. (2016). Time course of treatment dropout in cognitive behavioral therapies for posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice and Policy, 8(1), 115-121. doi: 10.1037/tra0000062.
Stirman, S. W., Gutner, C.A., Crits-Christoph, Edmunds, J., Evans, A.C., Beidas, R. S. (2015). Do clinician-level attributes impact modifications to cognitive behavioral therapy? Implementation Science, 10, 115. doi: 10.1186/s13012-015-0308-z
Gutner, C. A., Casement, M. D., Stavitsky Gilbert, K., & Resick, P. A. (2013). Change in sleep symptoms across Cognitive Processing Therapy and Prolonged Exposure: A longitudinal perspective. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 51, 817-822. doi: 10.1016/j.brat.2013.09.008
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.