PTSD: National Center for PTSD
PTSD Awareness Month: Promotional Materials
Promotional Materials and Tips to Raise Awareness
You can make a difference. Please use these materials and tips to help spread the word about PTSD and effective treatments.
Are you joining our effort? Complete the Raise PTSD Awareness Pledge.
- PTSD Awareness Flyer (PDF) or Customizable Flyer for Your Event (PDF)
- Help Raise PTSD Awareness (PDF) includes tips to “learn, connect, and share.”
- PTSD Awareness 3’ x 8’ Banner: Email to request the file.
- Brochures, wallet cards, and more: See our PTSD materials for printing.
- PTSD logos and badges are useful to link to us at: www.ptsd.va.gov
- PTSD Awareness Month graphic (jpg) works on the web, social media, or newsletter. (Higher quality jpg available.)
- VA specific files (Web banners, screen savers for VA computers) are on the Center’s intranet site: vaww.ptsd.va.gov. Look for “VA PTSD Promotional Materials.”
- Share our suggested social media posts (PDF) to promote PTSD Awareness month.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share our posts.
- Watch and share YouTube videos on PTSD and treatment.
- Download our whiteboard videos to share via email and Facebook.
- Give others the link to our award winning AboutFace website or download the previews to share.
"I have PTSD" Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
Ask TV and radio stations to run these PSAs from the AboutFace campaign. In the PSAs, Veterans talk about how they turned their lives around with PTSD treatment.
Preview our PSAs on YouTube (and share):
- Email to request Video PSAs for TV or Jumbotron
- Email to request Audio PSA for radio. Preview 30 sec audio (mp3)
Tips to help raise PTSD Awareness
There are many ways to help others “learn, connect and share” during PTSD Awareness Month. Here are a few tips to help you plan an event:
- Set up a table with PTSD information (using materials above).
- Host a group learning event and use our educational products:
- Understanding PTSD and PTSD Treatment - a guide to PTSD basics
- Animated whiteboard videos
- For Professionals: PTSD Continuing Education courses
- Bring together friends to browse AboutFace, a website dedicated to Veterans who have turned their lives around with PTSD treatment.