PTSD: National Center for PTSD
PTSD Family Coach
PTSD Family Coach
Living with a family member who has PTSD can be stressful. PTSD Family Coach is an app similar to PTSD Coach. PTSD Family Coach provides support for concerned family members of those with PTSD.
The app can help you learn about PTSD, how to take care of yourself, and how to manage your relationship with your loved one or children. PTSD Family Coach also has information on how to help your loved one get the treatment they deserve.
- Information about PTSD and how it affects those who care about someone with PTSD.
- Tips to help families better support a loved one with PTSD, and themselves. The app includes information on how to find counseling.
- Facts about counseling for individuals or couples managing PTSD in a relationship.
- Tools to help family members manage stress.
- Self-created support network of people to connect with when in need.
Download the mobile app
How to use PTSD Family Coach
PTSD Family Coach was designed as a standalone tool to help you learn about PTSD and access resources to help support a loved one with PTSD. This app has tools to help you manage stress and find support when you need it most.
NOTE: PTSD is a serious mental health condition that often requires professional evaluation and treatment. PTSD Family Coach is not intended to replace needed professional care.
Privacy and security
Any data created by the user of this app are only as secure as the phone/device itself. Use the security features on your device if you are concerned about the privacy of your information. Users are free to share data, but as the self-monitoring data belong to each user, HIPAA concerns do not apply while the data are stored or shared. If the user were to transmit or share data with a health care provider, the provider must then comply with HIPAA rules.
Who created PTSD Family Coach
PTSD Family Coach was created by the VA's National Center for PTSD.